LASU JOURNAL OF PHILOSOPHY (LASU JP)
CALL FOR PAPERS
The Department of Philosophy, Lagos State University, is pleased to announce its call for papers for publication consideration in the maiden issue of her peer-reviewed journal, LASU Journal of Philosophy. The journal is to be published annually. It is primarily devoted to publishing original well-argued papers and book reviews in traditional and emerging fields of philosophy. LASU JP aims to publish research findings exploring not only the various theoretical dimensions of philosophy and philosophical traditions, but also works that illuminate the practical relevance of philosophy to the different facets of individual and social existence. All submissions are subject to double-blind selection by at least two reviewers.
All submissions should be sent electronically to email@example.com
Important timelines for the maiden edition:
• Submission of articles. Due date: December 30, 2013
• Notification of acceptance: February 1, 2014
• Re-working and re-submission timeline: March 15, 2014
• Publication date: May 2014
Guidelines for authors
Please submit your papers following the guidelines below:
1. Use the Chicago Manual of Style, and Webster’s Collegiate Dictionary, 11th edition. see, http://www.chicagomanualofstyle.org/tools_citationguide.html
2. Abstract (not more than 250 words); keywords (not more than five)
3. Use British spelling and punctuation.
4. Run spell-check, and double check the grammar.
5. Use minimal formatting (don’t use built-in styles):
• Use 12-pt. Times New Roman throughout, including notes.
• Double line-spacing except notes, extracts, and bibliography.
• Use justification to align text both to the right and left margins.
• Indent prose extracts (Ctl+M); add a blank line before and after.
• Use bold to indicate heading levels.
• Use hanging indents (Ctl+T) with cursor anywhere in the entry for bibliographical entries.
6. Papers must not exceed 6000 words and must be prepared for blind review.
7. Submission should be accompanied by a separate file containing your brief bio sketch (not more than 300 words) to include name and contact information (affiliation, address, telephone number, and e-mail address).
Dr. Fayemi Ademola Kazeem
Department of Philosophy
Lagos State University
+2348035395154 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Send comments and questions to H-Net
Webstaff. H-Net reproduces announcements that have been submitted to us as a
free service to the academic community. If you are interested in an announcement
listed here, please contact the organizers or patrons directly. Though we strive
to provide accurate information, H-Net cannot accept responsibility for the text of
announcements appearing in this service. (Administration)