The Festivals & Faires Area of the Popular Culture Association welcomes submissions on any festival or faireómodern or historical. Scholars of theatre / theater, drama, performance studies, American studies, popular culture, religion, history, anthropology, folklore, English, theory, and non-western traditions are encouraged to apply. Other specific areas of interest for this yearís panels include, but are not limited to:
1. Burning Man;
2. Contemporary American Renaissance Festivals & Faires, including performative panels;
3. Festivals & Faires from outside the United States;
4. Theatre festivals, Shakespeare festivals, and music festivals;
5. Theorizing the festival framework through such scholars as Victor Turner and Mikhail Bakhtin;
6. Festival atmosphere and environment in non-traditional settings, i.e. conferences, work, school.
In addition to these scholarly presentations, the Festivals and Faires Area proposes the First Annual 10-Minute Play Festival at PCA. Submissions of new works for staged reading and/or performance are highly encouraged.
Inquiries about possible papers or proposals for sessions are also welcomed and encouraged.
If your paper or play is accepted, you will receive an acceptance letter, registration information, the information youíll need to join the PCA/ACA, and the room reservation information.
Submit a 250-word abstract to the PCA Database at: http://ncp.pcaaca.org/
Please send all inquires to:
Kimberly Tony Korol-Evans
Send comments and questions to H-Net
Webstaff. H-Net reproduces announcements that have been submitted to us as a
free service to the academic community. If you are interested in an announcement
listed here, please contact the organizers or patrons directly. Though we strive
to provide accurate information, H-Net cannot accept responsibility for the text of
announcements appearing in this service. (Administration)