INTERPRET 2013 - Workshop on multImedia Techniques for augmEnted and virtual
Reality: PResence and intEraction in virtual environment
In conjunction with SITIS 2013
2-5 December 2013
Terrsa Conference Center, Kyoto, Japan
The scope of the InTERPRET workshop is to investigate new approaches for advanced human/computer interaction in virtual or augmented reality with a particular focus on concrete applications. The workshop will be of interest to researchers working with new technologies, psychologists, designers and human/computer experts who investigate human-centered technology with focus on video and audio signals. The workshop will bring together researchers both from academia and industry on different disciplines with a common objective: go beyond the frontiers of today interactivity in Virtual Environments.
Topics of interest include (but are not limited to):
* Augmented Reality: applications and impact on the user
* Presence in shared virtual environments
* Real bodies and avatars
* Cognitive processes and the sense of presence
* Neuropsychology of presence and emotional state
* Haptic and Sound in virtual and augmented environment
* Affective and socio-affective interfaces
* Emotional state with Augmented Reality experience: measurement techniques
* Multimedia Interaction
* Multimedia Signal Processing for Human-Computer Interaction
* Intelligent User Interfaces
* Audio-based interaction
* Virtual-augmented reality for Healthcare
Papers must be up to 8 pages and follow IEEE double columns publication format.
All submitted papers will be peer-reviewed by at least two reviewers for technical merit, originality, significance and relevance to workshop topics.
Accepted papers at the workshop will be published IEEE and referenced in IEEE explore and major indexes (DBLP, Scopus, etc.) Extended version of selected accepted papers will be considered for publication in major journals. More details about the submission process can be found on the conference website.
Send comments and questions to H-Net
Webstaff. H-Net reproduces announcements that have been submitted to us as a
free service to the academic community. If you are interested in an announcement
listed here, please contact the organizers or patrons directly. Though we strive
to provide accurate information, H-Net cannot accept responsibility for the text of
announcements appearing in this service. (Administration)