The Louisiana Historical Association invites proposals for its 56th Annual Meeting to be held in Hammond, Louisiana, March 27-29, 2014. The meeting will be headquartered at the Quality Inn and Conference Center.
The 2014 LHA Program Committee invites sessions on any aspect of Louisiana History from any era, and is open to submissions that take unique approaches to session design as well as traditional scholarly panels. Graduate students, archivists, and other public historians, such as curators and preservationists, are likewise strongly encouraged to participate. We prefer to receive proposals for complete sessions but will consider individual paper proposals as well.
Proposals should be submitted in a single Microsoft Word document and include:
1. A cover sheet with the session title as well as the names, affiliations, and e-mail addresses of all participants, including the chair and commentator.
2. A summary of the focus and intent of the session as a whole not to exceed 250 words.
3. An abstract for each paper or presentation not to exceed 250 words.
4. A brief curriculum vitae for each participant.
5. Please inform the Program Committee in your proposal whether electronic equipment will be required in your presentation. Although projectors and screens will be available, there is no guarantee that these will perform optimally with presenters' computers and Power Point presentations. Moreover, access to projecting equipment is limited and may not actually be available to all that request it. Therefore, presenters are strongly encouraged to bring their own electronic equipment.
6. All materials are to be e-mailed to the program committee at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the name, affiliation, and e-mail address of the proposal organizer in the body of your message. Queries may be sent to the program chair, Dr. Charles J. Pellegrin, at the same e-mail address.
Send comments and questions to H-Net
Webstaff. H-Net reproduces announcements that have been submitted to us as a
free service to the academic community. If you are interested in an announcement
listed here, please contact the organizers or patrons directly. Though we strive
to provide accurate information, H-Net cannot accept responsibility for the text of
announcements appearing in this service. (Administration)