Current Intelligence, Summer 2013: Middle East and North Africa
Thesiger & Company ('Thesigers') invites prospective contributors to its flagship publication, Current Intelligence, to submit essays for consideration for the Summer 2013 issue on the Middle East and North Africa.
Deadline for submissions is 31 May 2013.
Potential contributors are encouraged to submit original, well researched analytical essays on any relevant subject of current significance in the Middle East and North Africa, but specifically dealing with major themes such as: territorial disputes, maritime governance, defence and security, environmental issues, natural resource extraction, regional cooperation, trade and industry, technology, communication, preservation of cultural heritage, architecture and urbanism. Themes listed here should be considered illustrative rather than definitive.
Submission guidelines are as follows:
• Essays must be 4,000-5,000 words in length;
• Essays must use British English;
• Essays should be well written and well reasoned, for a literate and well informed but general reading audience. Jargon should be avoided;
• Rigorous in-text reference to sources and evidence is expected, but formal citations and footnotes should be kept to a minimum;
• Submissions are to be accompanied by an author bio sketch not exceeding 100 words in length, indicating affiliations and major publications or other significant achievements;
• Submissions are to be emailed to Terry Pattar at email@example.com. The subject line of the email must state the following: "Submission: Summer 2013 issue of Current Intelligence". Each submission must be sent as an email attachment in editable format, accompanied by a cover note stating author credentials, prospective essay title, and a concise description of main argument(s), theme(s) and source(s) used;
• Contained in the body of the email should be an introductory note providing a very brief summary of the essay (one or two crisp sentences will suffice), author's qualifications, and full contact information.
About Current Intelligence: Current Intelligence is a quarterly bulletin featuring original essays on the issues of the day. It takes as its remit observation and analysis of current affairs, focusing on politics, society, business and the environment, especially of Africa, Asia and the Middle East.
For further information, see the website: http://www.currentintelligence.net/about
About Thesigers: Thesiger & Company (‘Thesigers’) is a London-based research and advisory firm, providing a wide range of services to clients whose interests and activities demand in-depth knowledge of emerging and frontier markets. Current Intelligence is Thesigers’ quarterly bulletin of current affairs, published online (ISSN # 2044-3811) and in print (ISSN # 2052-3122).
Send comments and questions to H-Net
Webstaff. H-Net reproduces announcements that have been submitted to us as a
free service to the academic community. If you are interested in an announcement
listed here, please contact the organizers or patrons directly. Though we strive
to provide accurate information, H-Net cannot accept responsibility for the text of
announcements appearing in this service. (Administration)