We are pleased to announce a forthcoming special issue of JAST: Journal of American Studies of Turkey. The focus of this special edition will be Latin@ Studies in a transnational context, theorized broadly and creatively as work that explores what it means to read, write, teach, create, and live life on the margins of nation(s), of culture(s), of communities, and of our own selves. While we welcome comparative analyses that engage various intersections of cultures, we are not explicitly seeking papers that deal with the Turkey and the U.S., or issues related specifically to Turkey. But we do seek explicitly trans/crossdisciplinary submissions that probe the field imaginary of transnational Latin@ and American studies in interesting, creative, and productive ways. Submissions should be mostly in English; however, Spanglish, Portañol or code switching between English and Spanish or Portuguese and English is acceptable, as long as a translation is provided in the final version.
We are looking for interdisciplinary papers that fit into one of the following categories:
1. Scholarly articles (5,000 to 7,000 words)
2. Book/Film (past or contemporary)/Media Reviews (750-1000 words)
3. Interviews with Prominent Scholars/Creative Artists in the Field (1500 – words open)
4. Literature Reviews that discuss the state of the field with a transnational focus (words open)
5. Op-Ed pieces by Scholars Living/Teaching Abroad and/or Prominent Scholars (words open)
6. Creative Pieces: Poetry, Art, Photography, Short Stories, Creative Non-Fiction (words open)
7. Pedagogy and the Profession/Methods of Evaluation/Values of Assessment (words open)
JAST is a peer reviewed journal and it appears on the MLA. It is in the process of being fully available with open access online and we are currently in the process of obtaining ACHI-Arts and Humanities Citation Index accreditation.
Please submit your papers, a brief bio, and your curriculum vitae to email@example.com by June 30, 2013. We plan to inform you of the status of your submissions by mid-August and this volume of JAST is set to be published in the winter of 2014. Please feel free to email us with any questions or concerns you may have prior to or after submission.
Send comments and questions to H-Net
Webstaff. H-Net reproduces announcements that have been submitted to us as a
free service to the academic community. If you are interested in an announcement
listed here, please contact the organizers or patrons directly. Though we strive
to provide accurate information, H-Net cannot accept responsibility for the text of
announcements appearing in this service. (Administration)