The University of Minho, with the support of the LLP programme of the European Union, is pleased to invite PhD students, master students and young scholars to submit their abstracts for papers for the upcoming "Summer School on Democratization and Political Transitions in the Arab World: Actors, Challenges and Policy Options for the EU" to be held in its campus in Braga in July 17-19. This Summer School is organised by the EU project “Thinking Out of the Box: Devising New European Policies to Face the Arab Spring”.
Deadline for abstracts: 15 June 2013
The workshop invites papers dealing with theoretical and empirical studies of the following topics:
- The Arab Spring: Revolutions or Stalemate?
- Challenges during Political Transitions and Comparative Lessons for the Middle East and North Africa
- The Fall of Authoritarianism and the New Actors in the Arab World: The Challenges of Political Inclusion
- A New Mediterranean Agenda for a New Mediterranean Political Setting
The Summer School integrates various formats, alternating between panel discussions and working group sessions, besides a social and cultural program.
Every participant is expected to deliver a presentation of 15 minutes during the working group session on one of the four thematic blocs. For the purpose of applying, the candidate should specify the thematic blocs that he/she would be willing to address in the presentation.
- All abstracts and papers need to be presented in English
- The maximum length of abstracts: 300 words
- Email your abstract as an attachment to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please include the following information in your email:
Institutional affiliation (if any) and a short CV
Contact information (including preferred email address)
Authors whose full abstract has been accepted will be asked to deliver a full paper.
Send comments and questions to H-Net
Webstaff. H-Net reproduces announcements that have been submitted to us as a
free service to the academic community. If you are interested in an announcement
listed here, please contact the organizers or patrons directly. Though we strive
to provide accurate information, H-Net cannot accept responsibility for the text of
announcements appearing in this service. (Administration)