2013 CALL FOR PAPERS
The Northeast Popular/American Culture Association is seeking paper proposals on the topic of Music & Culture for its fall conference to be held on the campus of St. Michael’s College in Colchester, Vermont, the weekend of October 25-26, 2013.
NEPCA welcomes both individual papers and complete panels. We also encourage works in progress, and informal presentations. The only restrictions on presentations are:
• The proposal should be rooted in research. We do not automatically exclude original poetry, composed works of fiction, or musical/dance/storytelling performance, but such works must be connected to greater theoretical and research frameworks.
• NEPCA generally avoids proposals whose intent is overtly commercial.
• Proposals should appeal to a broad audience.
To submit a proposal, do the following:
• Fill out the NEPCA Paper Proposal Form (http://nepca.wordpress.com/fall-conference/). Attach a one-page CV.
• Submit this form (electronically) to both the conference program chairs (Robert Niemi: firstname.lastname@example.org and Jennifer Tebbe-Grossman: Jennifer.Tebbe@mcphs.edu) and the music area chair (Christopher Gleason: email@example.com).
• Area chairs can also help you determine whether your proposal needs refining. You should consult with the area chair before finalizing your proposal and submitting it to the program chair.
• Upon acceptance, fill out the 2013 Registration Form found in this section and return it to NEPCA’s Executive Secretary in advance of the conference. If you do not preregister, NEPCA might have to repost a call for papers and remove you from the conference lineup.
Send comments and questions to H-Net
Webstaff. H-Net reproduces announcements that have been submitted to us as a
free service to the academic community. If you are interested in an announcement
listed here, please contact the organizers or patrons directly. Though we strive
to provide accurate information, H-Net cannot accept responsibility for the text of
announcements appearing in this service. (Administration)