The Fourth International Conference on the Quranic Studies
Oxford, England 13 July 2013
Scriptural studies are central to the understanding of religions that have scriptures at their heart. This is certainly true about the Holy Quran. The conference propounds topics of universal interest with an eye on more pressing areas in the modern times. The general topics that will be considered are but not limited to the following:
- The emergence of Islamic governments and their Quranic guidelines.
- The law in the Q uran and its relation and interaction with secular laws as well as the international law.
- Islamic banking and financial markets; their Quranic foundations and also analyses of the current Islamic systems with the Quranic requisites and qualifications.
- The Quranic answers to intellectual and philosophical challenges facing Muslims such as questions raised by atheism and other ideologies and ideas.
- The Quranic foundation of spiritual and mystical trends inside and outside the Muslim world.
- The development of media coverage of the Quranic themes.
- An exploration of the literature aiming at clarification of various dimensions of impact by the Quran on the worlds of knowledge, politics, society, psychology and so forth.
- The works undertaken to develop an insight into the traditional interpretations and hermeneutics of the Holy Quran.
- The Arabic language of the Quran, is it in decline or is it being upheld by the advent of new media?
- Translation of the Holy Quran.
- The ethical structures suggested by the Quran and how these structures helped Muslim communities throughout history be morally balanced and in peace.
- The mental healing and therapeutic properties of the Quranic Verses prescribing methodologies in order to keep mental disorders such as depression in check.
- The impact of the Quran and Quranic studies on the discourse of the religious thinking across the world.
- New ways of interpreting the Quran, positive and negative points, a critical outlook.
The 250-word abstract on MS Word must be formatted to include methodology, original data and results, and conclusion.
Send comments and questions to H-Net
Webstaff. H-Net reproduces announcements that have been submitted to us as a
free service to the academic community. If you are interested in an announcement
listed here, please contact the organizers or patrons directly. Though we strive
to provide accurate information, H-Net cannot accept responsibility for the text of
announcements appearing in this service. (Administration)