EUPOP 2013 – PCA Europe Annual Conference
University of Turku
31 July – 2 August 2013
Strand: Love and Romance in Popular Culture
CFP Deadline: 25 March 2013
Individual paper and panel contributions are invited for a special thematic strand on love and romance in popular culture at the second yearly international conference of the European Popular Culture Association (EPCA), organised with the Popular Culture Association Finland (PCA-Finland) and the International Institute for Popular Culture, IIPC.
We invite papers exploring any aspect of love or romance in any form of European popular culture, including but not limited to:
• Representations of romantic love in popular culture
• Studies of popular romance
• Explorations of the romantic comedy
• Historical approaches to love and romance in popular texts
• Gender and Love/Romance
• Considerations of love, romance and race/ethnicity
• Sexuality and Love/Romance – queerness in romance
• Love and Transgression
• Subverting romance
• Romance and (trans)nationalism – is love universal?
• Loving beyond borders
• Love, romance and the body
• Love and romance on the internet
• Representations of intimacy
• Explorations of platonic love
• Love, romance and religion
The closing date for this call is 25 March 2013. Please submit 250 word paper or panel proposals to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
There will be opportunities for networking, publishing and developing caucus groups within the EPCA. Presenters at EUPOP 2013 will be encouraged to develop their papers for publication in a number of Intellect journals, including the Journal of European Popular Culture, the journal of the EPCA. Journal editors will be working closely with strand convenors – a full list of Intellect journals is available at: http://www.intellectbooks.co.uk/journals/index/. General enquiries about the conference should be directed to: email@example.com.
Send comments and questions to H-Net
Webstaff. H-Net reproduces announcements that have been submitted to us as a
free service to the academic community. If you are interested in an announcement
listed here, please contact the organizers or patrons directly. Though we strive
to provide accurate information, H-Net cannot accept responsibility for the text of
announcements appearing in this service. (Administration)