The Department of Comparative Literature at the University of Georgia is launching a new journal of comparative literature, Xenophile. This journal will feature the works of undergraduate and graduate students from around the world. We are currently seeking submissions for our premiere issue, and we would like to invite you to be a part of it. This is a perfect opportunity for undergraduate students seeking their first (or second, or third) scholarly publication, as well as for graduate students hoping to reach a new audience.
Papers will be evaluated on a rolling basis, but our final deadline is March 15th, 2013. We are seeking literary scholarship with a global scope, keeping in mind the comparative aspect that distinguishes our discipline from others. For more submission guidelines, please refer to our website http://cmlt.uga.edu/xenophile. If you have any further questions please feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. You must be an undergraduate or graduate student at the time of submission.
2. Papers should be no longer than 6,000 words (roughly 20 pages).
3. Papers must be in English (they may include quotes in other languages as long as a translations are provided).
4. Papers must be comparative in nature: i.e., examine two or more authors/texts from different places or cultures (e.g., Poe and Baudelaire; Baudelaire in Swahili). However, we will also publish papers on non-Anglophone literature (e.g., on Baudelaire).
5. Please use MLA formatting style.
6. E-mail your submission to email@example.com. Attach your paper as a Word document or .pdf file, or paste it onto the body of your e-mail.
Xenophile: a journal of comparative literature
232 Joseph E. Brown Hall
The University of Georgia
Athens, Georgia 30602
706-542-6649 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Visit the website at http://cmlt.uga.edu/xenophile
Send comments and questions to H-Net
Webstaff. H-Net reproduces announcements that have been submitted to us as a
free service to the academic community. If you are interested in an announcement
listed here, please contact the organizers or patrons directly. Though we strive
to provide accurate information, H-Net cannot accept responsibility for the text of
announcements appearing in this service. (Administration)