The International Association of IT Lawyers (IAITL) invites you to participate in the 8th International Conference on legal, security and privacy issues in information technology law. The Conference is an opportunity for academics, practitioners and consultants to come together, exchange ideas, and discuss emerging issues in IT law and the emerging technological environment. We invite contributions focusing on Legal, Security and Privacy Issues of IT, including but not limited to:
E-forensics and Evidence
Email monitoring and privacy issues in the workplace
Data retention & protection
Intellectual Property Rights
Contract and Tort
Media & entertainment law
Phishing, virus, malware etc.
Legal risks and protection strategies
E-government & edemocracy
Privacy, Virology and security issues
Jurisdiction in Cyberspace
Robots & Intelligent agents
Cross-border ADR and Litigation
Content Regulation and Liability Issues
Telecommunication law and technology
Licensing and franchising
Taxation of cross-border transactions
Jurisdictional barriers to regulation and enforcement
Virtual worlds: regulation and taxation issues
Electronic Health Records (EHR)
The conference committee is seeking submissions of papers for oral presentations at the conference in three major categories:
- Academic, peer reviewed papers - these papers will be peer reviewed by members of the program committee and other independent reviewers (where necessary) and will be published in the edited conference proceedings with ISBN. All papers will also be published in several leading international journals. Case studies, abstracts of research in progress, as well as full research papers will be considered for the conference program for presentation purposes. However, only complete papers will be published in the proceedings. Previously published peer-reviewed papers will also be considered, provided the authors (s) are granted license from the publisher and publication information are noted in the article.
- Presentations based on a short abstract & non-academic papers - these papers will not be peer reviewed. These papers will be selected on merit by the program committee. This category covers corporate papers, best practices, new technologies, policy issues etc.
All accepted papers will also be published in leading international journals.
- Submission Deadline for Full Research Papers (peer reviewed): October 1, 2013
- Submission Deadline for Presentations based on short abstract: November 1, 2013
- Notification of Acceptance (Full Research Papers): October 5, 2013. For papers submitted before the deadline, authors will be notified 1-7 days after submission.
- Final Camera-Ready (Proceedings) Version and Registration Payment: October 11, 2013
Send comments and questions to H-Net
Webstaff. H-Net reproduces announcements that have been submitted to us as a
free service to the academic community. If you are interested in an announcement
listed here, please contact the organizers or patrons directly. Though we strive
to provide accurate information, H-Net cannot accept responsibility for the text of
announcements appearing in this service. (Administration)