Washburn University invites students to submit proposals for participation in the undergraduate conference “Speaking Truth to Intolerance.” This conference will focus on active responses to intolerance in many forms, including bigotry, bullying, discrimination, and violence. Projects may address the theme within the United States or in any region throughout the world. The conference will be held April 5-6, 2013, at Washburn University in Topeka, Kansas.
We encourage proposals to exhibit scholarly and creative work, including
• Academic papers based on original
• Brief creative performances
• Readings of fiction, poetry, creative non-fiction
• Presentations of student projects focused on activism
• Painting, photography, art installations
We welcome students from all fields. Participants should address the theme, “Speaking Truth to Intolerance.” Examples of types of presentations might include, but are not limited to
• Research presentations on anti-bullying programs in schools
• Historical or sociological papers on anti-discrimination movements
• Monologues on personal experiences of intolerance
• Discussions of student-organized protests to bigotry
To submit a proposal, please email your name, title, and a 250-word proposal for the presentation, performance, or exhibit to email@example.com. Instead of a written proposal, artists may submit the dimensions of the work, the media/materials/method of construction, and 150dpi JPEG(s) of the work to be exhibited.
The deadline for submissions is February 15, 2013. Please visit our conference website at http://www.washburn.edu/diversity/undergraduate-conference/index.html for additional information.
Department of History,
1700 SW College Ave
Topeka, KS 66621
Send comments and questions to H-Net
Webstaff. H-Net reproduces announcements that have been submitted to us as a
free service to the academic community. If you are interested in an announcement
listed here, please contact the organizers or patrons directly. Though we strive
to provide accurate information, H-Net cannot accept responsibility for the text of
announcements appearing in this service. (Administration)