The Global South Workshop is a week-long workshop for
talented Ph.D. students from Southern universities researching topics at the intersection of international studies and development studies. The workshop will give selected participants the opportunity to present and discuss their research in a seminar format. The 2013 workshop is jointly organised by the Graduate Institute, Geneva and El Colegio de México, Mexico City.
- Facilitate a network of young scholars from southern countries by providing them opportunities to interact and share experiences with fellow scholars from the south
- develop collaborative frameworks and projects that may help advance the salience of southern perspectives in their fields and disciplines
All selected participants receive funding to cover expenses
for travel, accommodation and meals; this scholarship is supported by the Swiss Federal Department for Foreign Affairs.
Candidates must fulfil the following conditions:
- Eligible candidates should be nearing completion of
their Ph.Ds at a Southern university;
- The research topic should be in international studies,
preferably from southern perspectives, and/or at their intersection with development studies;
- Knowledge of English is essential.
The deadline for receipt of applications is 30 April 2013.
Candidates must complete the online application form which
- A statement of motivation;
- A curriculum vitae;
- Contact details of two academic referees;
- A 2,000-word summary of the Ph.D. project along with the
Send comments and questions to H-Net
Webstaff. H-Net reproduces announcements that have been submitted to us as a
free service to the academic community. If you are interested in an announcement
listed here, please contact the organizers or patrons directly. Though we strive
to provide accurate information, H-Net cannot accept responsibility for the text of
announcements appearing in this service. (Administration)