A Communication Perspective on the Military: Messages, Strategies, Meanings
A Communicative Perspective on the Military: Messages, Strategies, Meanings
We invite chapter proposals featuring previously unpublished research reports on a specific aspect of one of three topics:
• Communication in the military family
• The military in the media
• Rhetoric surrounding the military
• an extended abstract of 1-3 pages describing the research, identifies the specific aspect of military and communication examined, indicates the theory tested or upon which the research is based, describes the study’s research methodology, and acknowledges the inclusion of a brief (one to three paragraphs) “Best Practices” section in the chapter.
• a preliminary bibliography of sources that will be used in the chapter.
• a published essay you authored, ideally on the subject matter discussed in the chapter proposal.
• an up-to-date vita listing your publications.
Complete proposals are due on or before midnight February 22, 2013 and should be emailed simultaneously to BOTH coeditors .
Lynne M. Webb, PhD
University of Arkansas
Department of Communication
417 Kimpel Hall
Fayetteville, AR 72701
Phone: (479) 575-5956
FAX: (479) 439-4637 Email: email@example.com
Send comments and questions to H-Net
Webstaff. H-Net reproduces announcements that have been submitted to us as a
free service to the academic community. If you are interested in an announcement
listed here, please contact the organizers or patrons directly. Though we strive
to provide accurate information, H-Net cannot accept responsibility for the text of
announcements appearing in this service. (Administration)