National Seminar on ‘Globalisation and Socio-cultural & Economic Concerns in North-West India’to be held in last week of January 2013.
Sub-themes of the Seminar:
1. Globalisation and Social justice
2. Globalisation, Inequality and Poverty.
3. Globalisation and Social Security
4. Globalisation and Women Empowerment
5. Globalisation, Development and Marginalized.
6. Globalisation, and Culture, Religion and Spiritualism
7. Globalisation and Social Movements
8. Globalisation and Environmental Crisis and Ecological Concerns.
9. Globalisation and Local communities
10. G;obalisation and Health
11. Globalisation and Education
12. Globalisation and International Security
13. Globalisation and Indian Agriculture
14. Globalisation and Uneven Development
15. Globalisation and Child Rights
16. Globalisation and Human Resource Concerns.
17. Globalisation and Consumerism
18. Globalization and Employment Generation
19. Globalisation and Youth Sub-culture
20. Globalisation and need of change in policy making to safeguard the interests of the people and the nation
The above sub-themes are indicative but may not exhaustive; papers could be presented on any other related theme as well.
Call for Papers:
The present seminar is primarily interdisciplinary and behavioral science oriented. Therefore, papers on related theme are invited from the faculties and scholars of various disciplines like Sociology, Psychology, Public Administration, Education, Political Science, Economics, Literature, Science and Technology etc.
Interested participants may send abstract and full paper relevant to the theme as e-mail attachment in MS Word format to firstname.lastname@example.org before January 12, 2013. Hard copy may be submitted on the first day of the Seminar.
Guidelines for the papers:
• Times New Roman, Font size 12, single line spacing.
• Not more than three delegates are allowed to submit one paper.
• Paper should be original and not presented or submitted for publication elsewhere. The author will have to send a signed declaration regarding the originality of the research work.
• End notes should appear at the end of the paper.
• The paper should have a complete and accurate bibliography, placed at the end of the text.
Park,R.E. (1950). Race and Culture, New York : Free Press
Tinker,H.(1967).’Is there an Indian Nation?’ in Mason, Philip(ed.): India and Ceylon. London: Macmillam Press. PP-
Boggett,D. (1979). ‘Democratic Kampuchea and Human Rights’, Economic and Political Weekly, 5,May,PP-
Since selected papers as recommended by our referees will be published in the form of a book from a publication of repute with ISBN Number. Therefore, the papers strictly adhering to the guidelines will be accepted for presentation and publication.
Registration Fees (on the spot)
Faculty and other Professional - Rs. 500
Students and Research Scholars - Rs. 200
Dr. Jagdish Chander Mehta
Head, Department of Sociology
D.A.V College, sector-10
Dr. Jagdish Mehta, Seminar Convener,and Head, Dept. of Sociology, D.A.V College,Sector-10, Chadigarh-160011.Phone-09417913243 Email: email@example.com
Send comments and questions to H-Net
Webstaff. H-Net reproduces announcements that have been submitted to us as a
free service to the academic community. If you are interested in an announcement
listed here, please contact the organizers or patrons directly. Though we strive
to provide accurate information, H-Net cannot accept responsibility for the text of
announcements appearing in this service. (Administration)