Twin Crises: Violence Against Women and HIV/AIDS in Africa and the Black Diaspora
I am editing an anthology called, Twin Crises: HIV/AIDS and Violence against Women (VAW) in Africa and the Black Diaspora. I am looking for essays on the following topics to supplement what has already been submitted.
(1) “Corrective Rape” of lesbian, bisexual and transgender women and the consequences for HIV/AIDS
(2) Intimate Partner Violence (IPV) and HIV/AIDS in the lives of lesbian, bisexual and/or transgender women
(3) Teen dating violence and HIV/AIDS (teens, young women, girls)
(4) HIV/AIDS and prostitution, sex work or trafficking
(5) HIV and VAW for women living in the Caribbean or Latin America and/or Immigrant groups living in Canada or Europe
Please send a brief description of your contribution, which includes a working title, estimated length and a brief bio of the author, by December 1st, 2012. Entries will be due on January 15th, 2013.
Send comments and questions to H-Net
Webstaff. H-Net reproduces announcements that have been submitted to us as a
free service to the academic community. If you are interested in an announcement
listed here, please contact the organizers or patrons directly. Though we strive
to provide accurate information, H-Net cannot accept responsibility for the text of
announcements appearing in this service. (Administration)