The APSUN Award was created to promote innovation and quality in research on the United Nations or a related topic. The prize rewards an outstanding essay which combines both innovation and excellence and which serves as a catalyst for wider discussion. The evaluation is mainly based on the clear demonstration of a direct link to issues of concern for the Academic Platform Switzerland UN. Further criteria include the originality of the chosen topic, the heuristic contribution of the essay, its scientific rigour and editorial quality.
The Award amounts to 2'000 CHF. It was created in April 2008 and can be obtained in conjunction with other scholarships and fellowships.
- Applicants must be registered at a Swiss institution for higher education (Bachelor, Master or PhD level).
- Candidates of international relations, political sciences, international law, international economics or history. Students specialising in other disciplines such as political philosophy, or environmental sciences/politics are also encouraged to apply given that their research is related to the United Nations.
The essay is to be written in English, French, German or Italian and cannot have been previously published. The essay should not exceed 5’000 words.
- research topic related to the United Nations
- innovation, originality, quality
- heuristic contribution
- scientific methods
- outstanding editorial quality
- written in English, French, German or Italian
- has not been published previously
- does not exceed 5’000 words
The deadline to submit essays is 20 October 2012.
Interested candidates satisfying the above criteria may apply by providing electronically the applucation form and a copy of the essay to email@example.com
More information available at www.apsun.ch
Academic Platform Switzerland UN
Graduate Institute of International and Development Studies
CP 136 - 1211 Genève 21 - Suisse
T. + 41 22 908 59 61 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Visit the website at http://www.apsun.ch
Send comments and questions to H-Net
Webstaff. H-Net reproduces announcements that have been submitted to us as a
free service to the academic community. If you are interested in an announcement
listed here, please contact the organizers or patrons directly. Though we strive
to provide accurate information, H-Net cannot accept responsibility for the text of
announcements appearing in this service. (Administration)