The International Journal of Badiou Studies, CFP for second edition
The second issue of The International Journal of Badiou Studies will be dedicated to the dialectic. What are the consequences of the dialectic for Badiou’s thought? What are the consequences of Badiou’s thought on dialectics? The editors are soliciting papers that interrogate the dialectic in Badiou’s thought and the implications of this thinking to disciplines across the humanities and the sciences. Although topics are open, it would be particularly interesting to consider:
• The relationship between materialist dialectics and dialectical materialism.
• The development of dialectics from the 19th century to the 21st century.
• The development of dialectics in Badiou’s work from Théorie de la contradiction and Théorie du sujet to Logiques des Mondes and the Circonstances.
• The relationship between the dialectical, the non-dialectical and disjunctive synthesis to Badiou’s reading of Le Siècle. What are the consequences for our own ‘Circumstances’?
• How are we to define the term dialectics in the wake of Badiou’s work?
Michael J. Kelly & Arthur Rose
General Editors - IJBS
University of Leeds
Send comments and questions to H-Net
Webstaff. H-Net reproduces announcements that have been submitted to us as a
free service to the academic community. If you are interested in an announcement
listed here, please contact the organizers or patrons directly. Though we strive
to provide accurate information, H-Net cannot accept responsibility for the text of
announcements appearing in this service. (Administration)