The WCEE 2013 organizing committee proudly announces the call for papers. You are invited to submit articles or case studies for presentation at the congress. Some of the subjects of interest include, but are not limited to, the topics below. Submit your proposal (in the form of an abstract not exceeding 400 words) via engineeringleaders.org by 1 Sept. 2012.
• engineering education – global opportunities and challenges
• required skills for engineers in 2020
• engineering roles in innovation and entrepreneurism
• role of internships and practical experience
• designing engineering curricula- ABET accreditation requirements and assessments
• teaching a culturally diverse student body
• engineering ethics – cultural and ethical issues
• building strong science and math foundation for student success
• role of technology in engineering education
• virtual laboratories, mobile, e-learning, and hybrid learning
• bridging the generation gap between faculty and students to meet 21st century needs
• role of professional societies and governments in engineering education
• models for collaborative engineering education between local organizations and western universities
• role of research in educational excellence
• role of liberal arts in engineering education
• integrating research in curriculum
• building interests in science and engineering in K-12
• integrating problem solving skills in engineering curricula
• continuing professional development and life-long learning
• engineering education for sustainable development
• industry-university collaboration
Abstracts (limited to 400 words) are due on 1 Sept. 2012.
Authors of accepted abstracts will be notified by 15 Sept. 2012.
Full papers must be submitted by 1 Nov. 2012.
Final presentations must be submitted by 1 Dec. 2012.
Registration for authors of accepted papers must be completed by 1 Dec. 2012.
Send comments and questions to H-Net
Webstaff. H-Net reproduces announcements that have been submitted to us as a
free service to the academic community. If you are interested in an announcement
listed here, please contact the organizers or patrons directly. Though we strive
to provide accurate information, H-Net cannot accept responsibility for the text of
announcements appearing in this service. (Administration)