The Post-Soviet Research Center (PSRC) is a Detroit based, internationally recognized research group affiliated with Post-Soviet Graffiti (www.PostSovietGraffiti.com). Beginning in Fall 2012, PSRC will collaborate with local businesses in the downtown Detroit community to host a political film series. The purpose of the series is primarily to entertain and to educate viewers on the unique political state of the post-Soviet region. By screening this series of award-winning films and documentaries, PSRC hopes to facilitate discussion and to inspire social action. PSRC seeks a Program Assistant (Intern) for 5-10 hours/ week for the duration of the academic year (August 2012 through May 2013). The intern will gain valuable hand-on experience, regional-knowledge, and expert contacts.
- University student in (or recent graduate of) a Russian/ East European/ Central Asian/ Ottoman/ Caucasian/ Jewish Studies program. Political Science, History, Anthropology Film Studies may be considered if paired with a regional focus or minor,
- Passion for educating the public on the political and social nuances of the post-Soviet region,
- Enthusiasm for film as an effective avenue of free speech,
- Dedication to the film series' success.
- Interest in visual communication,
- Reliability and accessibility,
- Flexibility and initiative to work on projects both independently and as part of a team,
- Organizational skills and an immaculate attention to detail and accuracy,
- Willingness to travel to Downtown Detroit twice a month,
- Attendance at all screenings.
Required Materials for Application:
- Academic CV
- Cover letter expressing your interest, relevant experience, and professional character.
Regional languages and film experience not obligatory. The internship average 5-10 hours a week for the duration of one academic year and is unpaid. Intern preferably lives in southeastern Michigan with access to own vehicle. The internship will take place both remotely and in Downtown Detroit. PSRC is willing to work with universities to offer work-study credit.
Please send all application materials to PostSovietGraffiti@gmail.com by August 1st. Any questions can also be directed to PostSovietGraffiti@gmail.com.
Send comments and questions to H-Net
Webstaff. H-Net reproduces announcements that have been submitted to us as a
free service to the academic community. If you are interested in an announcement
listed here, please contact the organizers or patrons directly. Though we strive
to provide accurate information, H-Net cannot accept responsibility for the text of
announcements appearing in this service. (Administration)