International Conference on “Governance and Sustainable Development: Building Commerce and Communities”
organised jointly by
Amrita University, India and Deakin University, Australia
Coimbatore, India 10th-13th December
Sustainable development involves a complex and intricate relationship between commerce and communities.
With increasing calls for greater accountability and efficient management of sustainable development, there are also greater demands for more effective governance in this area. The overarching aim of the conference is to provide a forum for stimulating debate and exchange of ideas by exploring the latest developments in the governance of sustainable development from a variety of perspectives including environmental sustainability, social enterprise, corporate governance, legal pluralism, and social investment. The conference will appeal to academics, professionals from both business and non-profit entities, and policy makers. For further information, please visit the conference website: http://www.amrita.edu/sdg/about.html
We invite papers that provide greater clarity on factors affecting sustainable development (including in-depth case studies) on the following 4 major themes:
• Environment Sustainability, Carbon Emissions and Climate Change Impacts
• Women, Social Entreprenuership and Innovation
• Social Investment, Community Development and Indigenous Communities
• Social Audit, Reporting and Ethical Decision-Making
Authors interested in presenting a paper are invited to submit full papers by 15th September 2012 with a clear outline of the aims, contents, methodology and conclusions of the paper. We also encourage if you are intending to submit a paper to do so as soon as possible. Please email these papers to Ms. Carolyn Mead at email@example.com
1. Full Papers should contain a maximum of 5000 words and must be submitted in English. E-files must be in either word or PDF format. Abstracts to be no more than 350 words.
2. The cover page should clearly identify: Title of the paper, full name and affiliation of the author/s, and contact details – email and postal address.
4. All papers must have a proper reference list, typed in 1.5 spaces.
5. Accepted author/s must register for the Conference to be included in the Programme. Where a paper is written by joint authors, at least one author is required to register.
All proposals will be reviewed by the Conference Technical Committee within two weeks of submission. Authors will be notified of the outcome of their abstract submission by e-mail.
Send comments and questions to H-Net
Webstaff. H-Net reproduces announcements that have been submitted to us as a
free service to the academic community. If you are interested in an announcement
listed here, please contact the organizers or patrons directly. Though we strive
to provide accurate information, H-Net cannot accept responsibility for the text of
announcements appearing in this service. (Administration)