The traveling exhibit Americaís Four United Republics is coming to Annapolis as part of the 2012 Continental Congress Festival, November 26-28 at Maryland Hall, a free event featuring an extensive collection of artifacts, manuscripts, and artwork highlighting the pre-Constitution era, including:
* Oil paintings of all 14 presidents before George Washington.
* A rare 1775 pre-ratification printing of the Articles of Confederation.
* Rare documents associated with Charles Carroll, Samuel Chase, Thomas Stone and William Paca, Marylandís signers of the Declaration of Independence.
* Daytime lectures and films, author signings, and evening events.
* Activities for children and the entire family.
Most importantly, the 2012 Continental Congress Festival is proud to announce the return to Annapolis of the Treaty of Paris Proclamation for the first time since 1784. The festival will begin on November 26, the anniversary of the arrival of Congress in Annapolis in 1783 that temporarily transformed Marylandís capital into the seat of government of the United States.
Send comments and questions to H-Net
Webstaff. H-Net reproduces announcements that have been submitted to us as a
free service to the academic community. If you are interested in an announcement
listed here, please contact the organizers or patrons directly. Though we strive
to provide accurate information, H-Net cannot accept responsibility for the text of
announcements appearing in this service. (Administration)