The Konitsa Summer School organising committee is pleased to announce that applications are now being accepted for the 7th "International Summer School in Anthropology, Ethnography and Comparative Folklore of the Balkans".
The School will take place from 25/7 – 9/8 2012.
The deadline for the submission of applications is May 15, 2012.
Key lectures will be delivered by Prof. Keith Hart and Prof. Ulf Brunnbauer. See this year’s course titles:
- Albanian Culture and Society in Ethnographic and Anthropological Analysis: A Critical Perspective
- Rituals, Symbols and Identities in Rural and Urban Contexts: Approaches from Folklore and Anthropology
- Doing Fieldwork: Theory, Method and the Production of Anthropological Knowledg
- Ethnographic Research in Border Areas (fieldwork exercise in Albania and Greece)
- The Political Anthropology of the ‘Crisis’
- Soundscapes of the Balkans: Flocks and Local Feasts, Rock-Bands and Radio Waves
Send comments and questions to H-Net
Webstaff. H-Net reproduces announcements that have been submitted to us as a
free service to the academic community. If you are interested in an announcement
listed here, please contact the organizers or patrons directly. Though we strive
to provide accurate information, H-Net cannot accept responsibility for the text of
announcements appearing in this service. (Administration)