CFP: world sf film and television (journal special issue)
Science Fiction Film and Television (http://liverpool.metapress.com/content/121631/) is seeking articles for a special issue in on world sf.
Although excluding the US from discussions of world cinema and television creates a problematic opposition(ality), we are seeking critical work on sf from other national/transnational, and especially non-Anglophone, contexts, both historical and contemporary. We are particularly, but not exclusively, interested in work which introduces and/or offers fresh insights into specific national cinemas/televisions, or which reconceptualises sf by relativising US/First Cinema variants as culturally-specific approaches rather than generic norms, or which addresses the following:
• imperialism, neo-imperialism, post-imperialism
• colonialism, decolonisation, neo-colonialism, post-colonialism
• sf from the Third World/Developing World/Global South
• indigenous, Fourth World and Fourth Cinema sf
• the subaltern
• nationhood, national identity, regional identity
• race, ethnicity, gender, sexuality
• global networks, informational black holes
• borders, borderlands
• homelands, migrations, diasporas
• national, international or transnational contexts of production, distribution or consumption
• specific production cycles
Articles should be approximately 9000 words, including footnotes and bibliography. Submissions (in word or rtf, following MLA style) should be made via our website at http://mc.manuscriptcentral.com/lup-sfftv.
Any queries should be directed to the editors, Mark Bould (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Sherryl Vint (email@example.com).
The deadline for submission to this special issue is September 1 2013.
Dr Mark Bould
Department of Arts
The University of the West of England
St Matthias Campus
Oldbury Court Road
Bristol BS16 2JP
United Kingdom Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Send comments and questions to H-Net
Webstaff. H-Net reproduces announcements that have been submitted to us as a
free service to the academic community. If you are interested in an announcement
listed here, please contact the organizers or patrons directly. Though we strive
to provide accurate information, H-Net cannot accept responsibility for the text of
announcements appearing in this service. (Administration)