The Memphis Theological Seminary is accepting applications for peer reviewers for its online journal, the Memphis Theological Seminary Journal.
If you are a graduate student, independent scholar, faculty member or practitioner working in the field of religion within any discipline (religious studies, communication, history, sociology, pastoral ministry, etc.), please e-mail us your CV (or resume), a short bio (no more than 250 words), and a list of the main areas you would be prepared to review (your main areas of expertise).
The deadline for peer reviewing applications is May 30, 2012. Please send your information to Andre E. Johnson, PhD at email@example.com
Please include in the subject line: Review Application
The Memphis Theological Seminary Journal is a journal devoted to promoting public scholarship by combining the speed of journalism with the rigor of academic scholarship. Here is the mission statement for the journal:
• The Memphis Theological Seminary Journal promotes the idea of public intellectualism.
• We believe that both scholars and scholarship should be available to the public as whole.
• We believe that the walls between academia and religious institutions must become more permeable.
• We believe that by using the medium of the internet we can reach far more people far more quickly than by using the traditional print medium.
• We believe that a more robust relationship between scholars and the mass media would benefit the quality of discourse in the public sphere.
• We believe that a more informed public is a public better able to take part in a democratic society.
Our emphasis is on the academic study of religion—both in its theoretical and practical frameworks. While we focused on academic rigor, writers should also have a lay audience in mind. For more information on the journal, please go to http://mtsjournal.memphisseminary.edu/
Send comments and questions to H-Net
Webstaff. H-Net reproduces announcements that have been submitted to us as a
free service to the academic community. If you are interested in an announcement
listed here, please contact the organizers or patrons directly. Though we strive
to provide accurate information, H-Net cannot accept responsibility for the text of
announcements appearing in this service. (Administration)