Lí a.i.r de f e z is the new residential facility for cultural researchers, writers and artists located in the Old Medina of Fez in Morocco.
The aims of Lí a.i.r de f e z are:
- To offer hospitality and services to the artists residents.
- To promote research on contemporary Arab culture and traditions.
- To facilitate the time and space necessary for researchers, writers and artists to develop their practice.
In order to accomplish these aims that Lí a.i.r de f e z will:
- Provide three fully equiped studio/rooms to writers, curators, video artists and cultural reserachers. The price for each of the artists/researchers selected will include B&B, Living/Studio Space with private WC, weekly cleaning of clothes and room and 1 meal a day from Monday to Friday (lunch or dinner).
- Lí a.i.r de f e z can organize different cultural visits, networking events and public presentations depending on the intetest on the reseracher/artists.
- At an extra fee, the artists and researchers selected will also be able to choose from a range of cultural tours and networking excursions
- Possibility of artists work presentation at the end of the residency. The presentation will be only possible for stays or 15 days or longer and will depend of funding resources and in kind support.
Lí a.i.r de f e z will be open to applications from local and international cultural researchers, photographers, filmmakers, craftsmen, curators, writers, architects and visual artists as well as designers, social and natural scientists, art critics, art historians and col.lectors interested in developing their knowledge on contemporary arts and design and traditioanl crafts of the country.
Built in the beginning of the last century as a palatial private residence and fully restored in 2007, Lí a.i.r de f e z is located in the highly sought after district of Batha, prized for its proximity to shops, restaurants and transport, whilst still within walking distance to the main attractions Lí a.i.r de f e z will provide with spacious and full-equipped double or single rooms with double bed and private toilette. Weekly cleaning, towels, sheets and blankets are also provided. Full breakfast and one meal a day (Monday to Friday) is included on the price and we have an on site cook who will be happy to prepare sumptuous traditional Moroccan meals upon request and at a great price.
430E a week
For stays of two weeks or more free Art&artisans tour through Fez Medina.
We are happy to provide with an acceptance letter and a list of funding resources
From 15 August 2012.
For periods of minimum of 1 week.
We look forwards to hear from you soon.
Lí a.i.r de f e z
1/3 Derb Ben Doud, Zerbtana, Batha
Old Medina 30000 Fez Morocco
Send comments and questions to H-Net
Webstaff. H-Net reproduces announcements that have been submitted to us as a
free service to the academic community. If you are interested in an announcement
listed here, please contact the organizers or patrons directly. Though we strive
to provide accurate information, H-Net cannot accept responsibility for the text of
announcements appearing in this service. (Administration)