Call for chapter proposals: "Security and Foreign Policy in Asia"
We are currently looking for interested and qualified Asia scholars and practitioners to submit chapter proposals for a new volume on "Security and Foreign Policy in Asia", to be published by the World Scientific Publishing Co. It will be part of a four-volume reference set on Asian politics and economics.
This volume on Security and Foreign Policy in Asia will contain 10 to 12 chapters, concentrating on the foreign policy of major powers and on major regional issues within the Asian region. Contributions in the following areas are particularly invited but we are open to other suggestions as well.
• Foreign policy of major powers in the Asia Pacific (Australia, the US, etc.)
• Foreign policy of major powers in East Asia (China, Japan, South Korea)
• Foreign policy of major powers in Southeast Asia (Indonesia, Thailand, Singapore)
• Foreign policy of major powers in South Asia (India, Pakistan)
• Foreign policy of major powers in Central Asia (Russia, Kazakhstan, etc.)
• Major regional issues (South China Sea disputes, Kashmir problem, Taiwan straits, Korean peninsular, terrorism, human trafficking, migration, arms smuggling, transnational organized crime, etc.)
• The role of regional intergovernmental organizations
• Changing concepts of traditional security, non-traditional security, human security
As the volume is intended for a wide range of readership - college students (undergraduate and graduate), scholars (not necessarily Asia experts), journalists, businesspeople, government officials, and interested general audiences who will use the book as references, chapters should therefore be more empirical than theoretical.
If you are interested in contributing a chapter to this new book project, please submit an original one-page proposal of about 400 words (for a 7000-8000 word chapter) along with your curriculum vitae to Dr. Benny Teh (firstname.lastname@example.org) by March 25, 2012.
Benny Teh, Ph.D
School of Social Sciences
Universiti Sains Malaysia
Tel: 604-6533888 Email: email@example.com
Send comments and questions to H-Net
Webstaff. H-Net reproduces announcements that have been submitted to us as a
free service to the academic community. If you are interested in an announcement
listed here, please contact the organizers or patrons directly. Though we strive
to provide accurate information, H-Net cannot accept responsibility for the text of
announcements appearing in this service. (Administration)