P.G.GOVERNMENT COLLEGE FOR GIRLS, SECTOR-11, CHANDIGARH
UGC SPONSORED ONE-DAY NATIONAL SEMINAR
“MEDIA AND GOVERNANCE”
It is a matter of pleasure to inform that our college is organising a UGC-sponsored National Seminar on “MEDIA AND GOVERNANCE” on 28th March, 2012.
The growing significance of media in the contemporary times is being reflected world-wide. May it be print-media or electronic-media, both these components have started influencing the policy-makers and hence policies. The magnitude of this influence is many a times of such proportions that the Government has to restructure, modify, withdraw or bring out a new policy-decision. Media while discharging its responsibility keenly highlights the deficiencies in the existing policies and decisions, loopholes in the ongoing schemes and also suggests mechanisms to overcome them. The other side of the coin displays certain over-zealous and sometimes frivolous interventions of the media. Rationalizing the functional periphery or putting logical limitations on media shall not amount to clipping their wings but shall satisfy another requisite for establishing Good Governance.
The proposed seminar shall try to bring such issues on the forefront and the changing facets of media in governance:
-To highlight the innovative role of media in society at large.
-To dwell upon the changing role of media with respect to the ideals of Good Governance.
-To analyze the response being given by the governmental agencies to the reflections by media.
-To look at the practicability of the suggestive measures rendered by the media.
-To know about the perceptions of the Government about media-activism.
-To identify the over-activism of media in the contemporary world.
-To spell out the need and significance of a ‘content-code’ for media.
You are kindly requested to intimate your faculty members about the seminar. We request that you send interested teachers of your esteemed institution for presenting research-papers on the topic as per the details attached herewith.
• Registration fee of Rs.300/- is to be deposited in cash at the time of Registration.
• The abstract should reach by 7th March 2012 by mail.
• Authors are invited to submit original unpublished papers in English language not exceeding 3000 words on A-4 size papers in Times New Roman fonts, size-12 and in single-line spacing.
' The papers should be sent by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• The college reserves the right to publish the papers.
•LCD-projectors and laptops will be available for the presentations.
• The seminarians can also submit the research-papers at the time of registration in print(soft-copy) and hard copy.
• T.A shall be paid as per rules only to the out-station delegates who will present their papers.
• The out-station delegates are requested to make their own boarding/lodging arrangements. It is advised that they can directly contact the Panjab University Guest House/Panjab University Golden Jubilee Guest House/ICSSR Panjab University Guest House/Faculty House Panjab University, where online booking facility is available at a nominal rate.
For further details, please contact:
Dr. C.M.Mahajan: email@example.com (9888837700)
Ms. Shashi Joshi: firstname.lastname@example.org (9815170631)
Mr. Ajay Kumar Sharma: email@example.com (9872821039)
Dr. Manoj Kumar: firstname.lastname@example.org (9814704490)
Send comments and questions to H-Net
Webstaff. H-Net reproduces announcements that have been submitted to us as a
free service to the academic community. If you are interested in an announcement
listed here, please contact the organizers or patrons directly. Though we strive
to provide accurate information, H-Net cannot accept responsibility for the text of
announcements appearing in this service. (Administration)