IBADAN JOURNAL OF HUMANISTIC STUDIES
c/o FACULTY OF ARTS
UNIVERSITY OF IBADAN
CALL FOR ARTICLES FOR NUMBERS 21 & 22 (2011/2012)
Original and well-researched articles are hereby invited from interested scholars all over the world for Numbers 21 & 22 (2011/2012) Edition of the Ibadan Journal of Humanistic Studies [IJHS].
Each prospective contributor should take note of the following guidelines and comply strictly with them:
1. Each article must be an original work of the author and not yet published anywhere else.
2. The article should relate to any aspect of humanistic studies, including the arts, education and the social sciences, and should be of historical or contemporary interest, while being a scholarly contribution to knowledge in the specific field. Emphasis should be on contemporary issues, whether African or non-African, with broad humanistic interest.
3. The full name (surname underlined), address, current status and institutional affiliation of the author, as well as email address and phone number should be written on a separate page attached.
4. An Abstract of not more than 250 words should precede the article.
5. Manuscripts, which should strictly not exceed 9,000 words in length, should be typed double-spaced with an A4 format and Times New Roman 12 points font size.
6. Except when absolutely necessary, photographs and heavy graphic works should be avoided.
7. Articles are accepted for publication on the understanding that, if published, the copyright for reproduction belongs to the IJHS, Faculty of Arts, University of Ibadan, Ibadan, Nigeria. However, the responsibility for obtaining due permission for the reproduction of material covered by copyright belongs to the author.
8. References should be documented in the Journal’s in-house style which is a triple-entry in-text citation of author, year and page (e.g. Soyinka, 1976:39), and the alphabetical listing (author’s surname first) of all references at the end of the article, with the year of publication placed immediately after the author’s name. If the citation is from a book, the order is as follows: Surname, initials or other names (Year of publication), title of book, place of publication: name of publishers. If it is a journal article, the order of citation is: Surname, initials or other names (Year), ‘title of article’, Journal, vol. no.: page extent. If it is a chapter-in-book, the citation is: Surname, initials or other names (Year), ‘title of article or chapter’ in Surname, initials (ed/eds.) title of book, place of publication: publishers (page range).
9. Three hard copies and one virus-free soft copy on a CD or flash drive (diskettes not acceptable) should be forwarded to the Editor, Ibadan Journal of Humanistic Studies, Faculty of Arts, University of Ibadan, Ibadan, Nigeria, not later than March 31, 2012. Late submissions will not be processed. Authors should keep copies of their articles as manuscripts are non-returnable. Two stamped, self-addressed envelopes should be included for postal communication. Submissions can also be made to the following email address: email@example.com while hard copies are sent by speed post.
10. All submissions are peer-reviewed, and acceptance of articles is based on positive reports by assessors and the timely execution of necessary amendments or corrections by the authors concerned.
The Editor, Ibadan Journal of Humanistic Studies, Faculty of Arts, University of Ibadan, Ibadan. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Send comments and questions to H-Net
Webstaff. H-Net reproduces announcements that have been submitted to us as a
free service to the academic community. If you are interested in an announcement
listed here, please contact the organizers or patrons directly. Though we strive
to provide accurate information, H-Net cannot accept responsibility for the text of
announcements appearing in this service. (Administration)