The University of Maryland History Graduate Student Association will hold its 7th Annual Graduate History Conference on Friday, February 24 from 10:00 to 5:10 in Taliaferro 2108 and 2110 on the College Park campus.
This event features graduate students from many different schools in the Mid-Atlantic region presenting original research on a wide variety of historical topics. It also features keynote speaker Professor Stephanie McCurry of the University of Pennsylvania, a specialist in American Civil War and antebellum history.
The panel lineup for the conference is:
1. Identities in Conflict (10:00-11:30 TLF 2108)
2. Between Government and the Governed (10:00-11:30 TLF 2110)
3. Playing with Gender is Serious Business (11:40-1:10 TLF 2108)
4. Space, Place, and Colonial Structures (11:40-1:10 TLF 2110)
4. Transnational Science (3:40-5:10 TLF 2108)
5. Race, Relief, and Development in the South (3:40-5:10 TLF 2110)
Send comments and questions to H-Net
Webstaff. H-Net reproduces announcements that have been submitted to us as a
free service to the academic community. If you are interested in an announcement
listed here, please contact the organizers or patrons directly. Though we strive
to provide accurate information, H-Net cannot accept responsibility for the text of
announcements appearing in this service. (Administration)