Call for Papers: Literature: Ecocriticism & Environment
33rd Annual Conference:
Southwest/Texas Popular Culture & American Cultural Association
February 8 - 11, 2012 – Albuquerque, New Mexico
Hyatt Regency Hotel & Conference Center
Proposal submission deadline extended to: December 15, 2011
For details and information please go to: http://www.swtxpca.org
Panels are now being formed for presentations regarding Literature, Ecocriticism and the Environment. Specific areas might include:
*ecocritical approaches to literature
* environmentally-focused artists and their art
* representations of nature and the environment in popular and American culture
* interdisciplinary approaches to the environment by environmental historians, philosophers, geographers, ecologists, governmental agencies, etc.
* environmental/ecocritical pedagogy & environmental education
* environmental discourse in the media
* the environment in film
* environmental issues in the Southwest
* urban environmentalism
* nature writing and its authors
* environmental activism, non-profit, governmental issues, etc.
To submit a proposal, go to http://conference2012.swtxpca.org and enter the proposal into the database. Deadline for submissions is December 1, 2011. Accepted applicants will be notified by email, and must register for the conference by December 31, 2011.
Information: Dr. Ken Hada, Chair
Literature: Ecocriticism & Environment
East Central University
1100 E. 14th St.
Ada, OK 74820
Send comments and questions to H-Net
Webstaff. H-Net reproduces announcements that have been submitted to us as a
free service to the academic community. If you are interested in an announcement
listed here, please contact the organizers or patrons directly. Though we strive
to provide accurate information, H-Net cannot accept responsibility for the text of
announcements appearing in this service. (Administration)