The 6st International interdisciplinary Conference "Understanding by communication. A person and information space” (conference website http://efcomconf10.ucoz.ru)
organized by Moscow City Teachers Training University, Yaroslavl’ State Pedagogical University ‘K.Ushinsky’, Russian Society of Language and Literature Teachers ROPRYAL
is to be held in YAROSLAVL’ (Russia) November 22-24 2012
SHORT DESCRIPTION (please see the conference website for more information)
The Conference series ‘Understanding by communication’ was started in 2003 in Moscow Humanitarian Institute and the next meetings took place in Moscow State University and Moscow City Teachers Training University (with co-operation of the Russian Academy of Science). They were attended by linguists, psychologists, computer science specialists, sociologists and other specialists from more than 30 cities of Russia, from Ukraine, Uzbekistan, Lithuania, the USA, Poland, Bulgaria, Finland, Iran, Malaysia, China and others.
FOCUS on the mass communications
• Understanding of verbal messages, language units in the process of understanding texts
• Semiotics of understanding. Understanding in non-verbal communication
• cognitive, pragmatic and discourse analytic aspects of understanding and production
• psychological analysis of understanding
• skills of understanding in first and second language acquisitions
• understanding in social, political and historical communication,
• understanding of mass-media and advertising
• understanding of arts and literature
• hermeneutic and philosophical problems of understanding
• understanding in the computer assisted communication.
The languages of presentations are English, Russian, German, French (translation into English will be available). Abstracts (no more than 3600 letters) are to be sent by June 1 2012 to email@example.com .
The important dates: paper submission 1.06.12, notification of acceptance 1.08.12 (for those who needs visa), 1/09. 2012. Program 1/11.2012. Registration after arrival. Registration fee is not obligatory. Transfer from Moscow to Yaroslavl (about 3 hours by train or by bus) can be organized.
Yaroslavl’ is an ancient Russian town, acknowledged by UNESCO. It makes a part of the famous Russian trip route ‘The Golden Ring’. The list of journeys and guided tours is to be declared in November.
The further information is available on efcomconf10.ucoz.ru and by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Organizing Committee
Send comments and questions to H-Net
Webstaff. H-Net reproduces announcements that have been submitted to us as a
free service to the academic community. If you are interested in an announcement
listed here, please contact the organizers or patrons directly. Though we strive
to provide accurate information, H-Net cannot accept responsibility for the text of
announcements appearing in this service. (Administration)