International symposium, Paris, Créteil and Marne-la-Vallée, October 18th, 19th and 20th, 2012.
Organized by the Research Institute on the English, German and Romanic speaking Worlds (IMAGER, PRES Université Paris-Est.
Papers may deal with one or more of the following topics:
- topicality and limits of extraterritoriality
- between `deterritorialisation' and `reterritorialisation': what territory, what new challenge?
- identity and imaginary constructions of extraterritoriality
- waves of migration and diaspora communities
- literatures of exile, migrant and postcolonial literatures
- multilingual societies and communities, language contact, colonial and postcolonial languages
- cultural transfers, circulation of texts and knowledge, translation
- cosmopolitanism, internationalism, postnationalism
- beyond extraterritoriality: literatures, languages and cultures without territory ?
Approaches and theoretical reflections which focus on contemporary problems while replacing them in historical perspective will be particularly welcome.
Proposals for papers, in the form of a summary of approximately 250 words, should be sent together with a bio-bibliographical note, to Didier Lassalle (firstname.lastname@example.org) AND Dirk Weissmann (email@example.com) before March 1st, 2012.
Didier Lassalle AND Dirk Weissmann
University of Paris-Est-Créteil (UPEC)
Faculté des Lettres
61 avenue du Général de Gaulle
94010 Créteil Cedex France
Send comments and questions to H-Net
Webstaff. H-Net reproduces announcements that have been submitted to us as a
free service to the academic community. If you are interested in an announcement
listed here, please contact the organizers or patrons directly. Though we strive
to provide accurate information, H-Net cannot accept responsibility for the text of
announcements appearing in this service. (Administration)