Join Us in Vegas!
NCOBPS Call for Proposals Deadline: October 31, 2011
(Must submit abstract on-line; directions at the bottom of this message)
43rd Annual Meeting of the The National Conference of Black Political Scientists
"The Black Condition within Global Shifts and Persistent
Structures of Inequality"
Las Vegas, Nevada
March 14-17, 2012
Directions to Submit a Paper under the NCOBPS Paper Submission System (SSRN)
1. NCOBPS Link: First go to this link http://www.ncobps.org/default.asp?
2. Annual Meeting: Then on the extreme left side, under "NCOBPS Annual Meeting”, click on "Call for Papers” bar.
3. Call for Papers: When the page comes up, click on "Call for Papers.”
4. SSRN: That will take you to the Social Science Research Network website or SSRN (it is the following link if you have any difficulty with it coming up -- https://hq.ssrn.com/login/pubSignInJoin.cfm?conflink=43rd-NCOBPS.)
5. SSRN Account: If you don’t already have a SSRN account, you will have to create one on the right hand side. Existing members sign-in on the left hand side. (Caution: This SSRN account is not the same as your NCOBPS website account. The two are different.)
6. NCOBPS Submission page: Once you either sign into an existing account or create a new account and sign-in, you will be taken to the NCOBPS paper submission page. At the bottom of the page, click on "Submit a Paper for this conference.”
7. New or Existing Submission? If it is a "New Submission,” click on that button. If is it an "Existing Submission”, click on that button.
8. Complete Fields: Be certain to fill in the fields of the "Title”, "Author”, "Reference”, "Abstract”, and "Classification” or the conference section under which your paper logically fits. BE SURE to inform us of the NCOBPS Section under which your paper fits so we will forward it to the proper section co-chairs for review. If you have any difficulty finding that link, click on "Political Science Network” , "PSN Conference and Meetings” , "National Conference of Political Scientists (NCOBPS) Meeting.” Under that header choose a section under which to submit it.
9. Upload Paper: You may upload the paper under the top section that reads "Upload Full Text PDF Document”; but a full paper is not necessary until you are informed whether your paper has been accepted for presentation.
10. Submit: The dialogue box on the extreme right side will inform if you have completed all necessary submits and when you are ready to "submit” your paper proposal.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact us:
The Program Committee Co-Chairs:
University of South Carolina
Send comments and questions to H-Net
Webstaff. H-Net reproduces announcements that have been submitted to us as a
free service to the academic community. If you are interested in an announcement
listed here, please contact the organizers or patrons directly. Though we strive
to provide accurate information, H-Net cannot accept responsibility for the text of
announcements appearing in this service. (Administration)