Project name: Interkulturalnost, a magazine that promotes and encourages intercultural communication
Author of the project idea: Aleksandra Đurić Bosnić, Department of Development and Research, Vojvodinian Culture Institute
Project description: It is difficult to imagine the contemporary social theories and the social practice of the 21st century independently of the potential point of observation (sociological, culturological, anthropological or philosophical) without the continuity in analysing and researching the phenomenon of personal and collective identity as well as self-concepts and concepts of others as representations arising from totality of potentials, projections and open meanings. In this respect, they above all concern desirable and civilisationally justified foundation of intercultural communication as a unique universalisation of otherness. We are of the opinion that the continuous mission of this cultural space could be seen exactly as a universalisation of otherness by means of establishing intercultural dialogue or taking part in creative intercultural communication on the local, regional and global level. Interkulturalnost magazine is envisaged as a theoretical contribution to those contemporary cultural strategies and models that treat culture as an open, dynamic system based on interethnicalness and intercultural communicational culturological practice divested of conflicts.
- Promotion and encouragement of intercultural communication as the desired cultural and social model in Vojvodina, Serbia and the region.
- Theoretical contribution to the establishment of the cultural identity of Vojvodina as open and universalistic-cosmopolitan.
- Overcoming possible negative consequences of multiculturalism in terms of ghettoisation of national cultures and predominant orientation to communication practice within a single ethnic framework.
- Deconstruction of negative ethnical and cultural sterotypes as uniform and stigmatizing concepts, potentially dangerous for the artistic, cultural and social context on the local, regional and global level.
- Application of active, continuous research approach in fields of sociology, anthropology, philosophy, political science, cultural policies, communicology, psychology, literature and arts, in relation to the essence and meaning of the notion of interculturality.
The magazine is envisaged as a semiannual one, with two issues per year (March & October) starting from 2010, in accordance with the programme of Vojvodinian Culture Institute, as a long-term project. We expect Interkulturalnost to initiate intensive cooperation with universities, institutes and research centers in the country as well as abroad. Each issue of the magazine will have the following structure:
1. INTERCULTURAL RESEARCH: research articles in philosophy, anthropology, sociology, musicology, theatrology, cultural policies, literature and arts
2. VIEWS: essays and reflections
3. DIALOGUES: scientific interviews (two in each issue; domestic and international cultural scenes)
4. COORDINATES: translations, reviews
General subject of next issue is LANGUAGE, IDENTITY, AFFILIATION.
Deadline 1st February 2012
Aleksandra Djuric Bosnic - editor
Vojvodinian Culture Institute
+381 21 475 4148 Email: email@example.com
Send comments and questions to H-Net
Webstaff. H-Net reproduces announcements that have been submitted to us as a
free service to the academic community. If you are interested in an announcement
listed here, please contact the organizers or patrons directly. Though we strive
to provide accurate information, H-Net cannot accept responsibility for the text of
announcements appearing in this service. (Administration)