I am writing to invite you to The Past and Future of French History a roundtable discussion with Samuel Moyn, Gregory Mann, Emmanuelle Saada, Judith Surkis and Robert O. Paxton (moderator) on WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 21 from 6:30-8:30 pm in Buell Hall, East Gallery.
*Please share this information with interested students and colleagues.
What is French history now? Historians of France and the French-speaking world reflect on the state of the field, where it's been, and where it might be going.
· Samuel Moyn, Professor, Department of History, Columbia
· Gregory Mann, Associate Professor, Department of History, Columbia
· Emmanuelle Saada, Associate Professor, Department of French, Columbia
· Judith Surkis, Visiting Associate Professor, Department of History, Columbia and Barnard
· Robert O. Paxton (moderator), Mellon Professor Emeritus of Social Science, Columbia
Event co-sponsored by the Department of History
Support for this event is provided by the Florence Gould Foundation
Buell Hall, 2nd floor
515 West 116th Street, MC 4990
New York, NY 10027
Send comments and questions to H-Net
Webstaff. H-Net reproduces announcements that have been submitted to us as a
free service to the academic community. If you are interested in an announcement
listed here, please contact the organizers or patrons directly. Though we strive
to provide accurate information, H-Net cannot accept responsibility for the text of
announcements appearing in this service. (Administration)