CFP Budhi: A Journal of Ideas and Culture special issue on feminism
Call for Papers Date:
Budhi: A Journal of Ideas and Culture will devote a special issue on feminism. The editorial board is seeking to publish essays that contribute to a feminist critique of society. We are open both to works in feminist theory and feminist readings of philosophical and other texts as well as to discussions on the current state of feminist debates and feminist analyses of current issues.
The following are suggested topics for the Special Issue on Feminism [16, 1 (2012)]:
- feminist readings of philosophical texts
- theoretical approaches to feminism; feminist theory
- feminism in the Philippines; feminist concerns; state of debate and feminist practice in the Philippines
- local feminisms; e.g., feminist concerns and debates in Asia, Southeast Asia, or other local communities
- feminism, race, and culture
- feminism and ethical theories, e.g., feminism and the capabilities approach
- feminism and religion; religion, politics and gender
- medical ethics and feminist issues; e.g., gendered division of care labor, feminism and reproductive health
- gender, migration, and transnationalism
- global care networks
- feminism and the arts; feminist aesthetics
- feminism and psychoanalysis
- environment and gender issues; e.g., women and disaster risk reduction
- gender and leadership studies
- women and the media
- women and the economy; e.g., feminization of global labor markets, women in microfinance and micro-entrepreneurship
- women and history; gender and historiography
- ethical issues surrounding surrogacy and adoption
Articles should be about 6,000 to 10,000 words long, including notes and references. The manuscript should include an abstract of no more than 200 words.
Manuscripts should be submitted as MS Word files in .doc format (not .docx), double-spaced. Citations should follow the notes and bibliography system (not the author-date system) of The Chicago Manual of Style.
Manuscripts should be prepared for blind review. The article itself should contain no reference to the authorís identity. In a separate file, please submit an author sheet with the following information: title of submission, name of author, affiliation, contact information, e-mail address, abstract (no longer than 200 words), and five key words.
Please send submissions and inquiries to the following e-mail address: email@example.com.
Deadline: December 1, 2011
Budhi is an interdisciplinary journal of philosophy that seeks to encourage creative and critical contemporary interpretations and appropriations of the history of ideas as well as theoretical constructions addressing contemporary culture and society.
The journal is devoted to the practice of philosophy in its interdisciplinary engagements with art, culture, history, religion, technology, and the social sciences. It seeks to provide an arena for exchanges between mainstream traditions and work from the geopolitical margins, particularly from the local history and culture of the Philippines. Budhi therefore crosses geographical borders as well as intellectual boundaries within philosophy and within the humanities and the social sciences.
Budhi is published by the Ateneo de Manila University.
Jean P. Tan
Budhi: A Journal of Ideas and Culture
Department of Philosophy
Ateneo de Manila University
Loyola Heights, Quezon City
(+632) 426 6001 ext. 5360/5361 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Send comments and questions to H-Net
Webstaff. H-Net reproduces announcements that have been submitted to us as a
free service to the academic community. If you are interested in an announcement
listed here, please contact the organizers or patrons directly. Though we strive
to provide accurate information, H-Net cannot accept responsibility for the text of
announcements appearing in this service. (Administration)