Modern Art Asia is seeking Associate Editors and Peer-Reviewers
Modern Art Asia was founded to encourage interdisciplinary and international exchange between scholars working on the arts of Asia. We provide a platform for graduate and doctoral researchers to present their work to a broad international readership, and aim to provide an accessible route into publication for early career scholars.
We are currently seeking to appoint new Associate Editors and peer-reviewers in order to expand our team. Applications are invited from scholars with research backgrounds in modern and contemporary art from any region of Asia. We are particularly interested in appointing scholars with expertise in the fields of Chinese, Indian, Korean and Singaporean art. Applicants should be in the advanced stages of PhD study, or have received their doctoral degree within the last two years.
• are responsible for distributing Calls for Papers to their networks and institutions and seeking new contributors;
• selecting articles for publication;
• advising on the editorial stance and future development of Modern Art Asia;
• liaising with authors and peer-reviewers to prepare articles for publication.
• advise editors on the selection of articles for publication in accord with their own research specialisms;
• review and copy edit submissions;
• liaise with authors and editors to prepare articles for publication.
Modern Art Asia typically publishes 6-10 articles quarterly. Editors and peer-reviewers will be involved in the preparation of an average of 4-5 articles throughout the year. Editors and peer-reviews may continue to submit articles for publication in Modern Art Asia. Prior experience of editing and publishing is not required. Further guidelines on the peer-review process will be made available on the ‘contribute’ section of our website.
Applications are accepted on an ongoing basis. Please send a synopsis of your current research, together with a copy of your CV; list of publications; and details of previous editing or publication experience (if applicable). For further information and to submit your application, please contact email@example.com
Send comments and questions to H-Net
Webstaff. H-Net reproduces announcements that have been submitted to us as a
free service to the academic community. If you are interested in an announcement
listed here, please contact the organizers or patrons directly. Though we strive
to provide accurate information, H-Net cannot accept responsibility for the text of
announcements appearing in this service. (Administration)