JCT is published under the auspices of the Special Interest Group for Computer Teachers (SIGCT) in the International Society for Technology in Education (ISTE). The primary mission of SIGCT is to enhance precollege instruction in computer science.
Submission topics include but are not limited to:
• Academic and research articles relating to the teaching of computing in K-12 education
• Pedagogical articles describing and explaining the rationale for some teaching practice, approach, or lesson
• Theoretical articles explaining or arguing particular principles or models of learning, teaching, curriculum development, content perspective-taking, etc.
• Explanatory articles providing teachers with professional development information, e.g., understanding hardware and software (TCP/IP, worm/virus operation, file systems, etc.), conceptual understanding (e.g., encryption, XML), etc.
• Reports concerning computing (e.g., curriculum and policy recommendations)
JCT accepts manuscripts for possible publication in two ways – editor reviewed and peer reviewed. In the “editor reviewed” process, articles are reviewed by the editor. In the “peer-reviewed” portion of the journal, manuscripts are acknowledged by the editor upon receipt and, after a preliminary review to judge their appropriateness for JCT, are sent to at least two members of the Editorial Review Board. Following the completion of the review process, the editor contacts the author(s) to accept the paper for publication, to accept the paper conditional on the completion of any recommended revisions, or to decline it.
For information about the journal and submission guidelines for authors, go to http://www.iste.org/JCT. Potential authors do not have to be members of ISTE or SIGCT to publish in JCT.
Veronica McGowan, D.Ed.
Editor, Journal for Computing Teachers
Computer and Business Information Systems Dept.
Delaware Valley College
700 E. Butler Avenue, Allman 113
Doylestown, PA 18901
Send comments and questions to H-Net
Webstaff. H-Net reproduces announcements that have been submitted to us as a
free service to the academic community. If you are interested in an announcement
listed here, please contact the organizers or patrons directly. Though we strive
to provide accurate information, H-Net cannot accept responsibility for the text of
announcements appearing in this service. (Administration)