Conference organizers are still interested in receiving a few more proposals for the Women of Appalachia: Native American Impact, Influence and Intersection conference.
SUBMISSION DATE EXTENDED to Monday, August 15, 2011!
Conference web page here: http://www.zanesville.ohiou.edu/womenofappalachia
Scholarly work involving Women in Appalachia with a Native American Influence are encouraged to join together to explore and share about this unique focus for our continued study of the female experience in the Appalachian region.
Session presentations can take the form of paper presentations and roundtable discussions. Suggested topics might include, but are not limited to, the following:
* Oral History and Biography: Women of Power in Appalachia
* Women in Native American Appalachian Literature and Folklore
* Native American Politics and Diplomacy in the Appalachian Region
* Native American Influence on Appalachian Folkways
* Native American Ritual and Healing; Female Healers/Shamans
* Inter-cultural cohabitation/collaboration: Native Americans in Appalachia
* Music, Dance and Rhythm: Cross-cultural Perspectives
* Native American Women's History in the Appalachian Region
Presentations should run only 20 minutes in length. You will be asked to provide your audio visual needs upon acceptance of your proposal. Please submit a 250- to 300-word abstract to Dr. Lisa Haven at firstname.lastname@example.org or Dr. Matt Wanat at email@example.com by August 15, 2011.The proposal of complete panels is encouraged.
Questions, contact Lisa Haven, Matt Wanat, or Christine Shaw firstname.lastname@example.org or call (740) 588-1565.
This year's one-day event looks forward to the 2012 conference, when we will focus on the topic Women in Appalachia: Sisters in Science
Send comments and questions to H-Net
Webstaff. H-Net reproduces announcements that have been submitted to us as a
free service to the academic community. If you are interested in an announcement
listed here, please contact the organizers or patrons directly. Though we strive
to provide accurate information, H-Net cannot accept responsibility for the text of
announcements appearing in this service. (Administration)