The International Association of IT Lawyers (IAITL) invites you to participate in the 2nd International Conference on Private Law (IPL). The Conference is an opportunity for academics, practitioners and consultants to come together, exchange ideas, and discuss emerging issues in private law.
We invite contributions focusing on private law including but not limited to:
Employment and labour
Finance, corporate governance, banking and investment
Legislative and regulatory affairs
Property ownership, and real estate
Wills and estates
Conflict of law
Jurisdiction of the courts
Choice of law and recognition of foreign judgments
International judicial assistance
Jurisdiction and judgments
Commercial law and bankruptcy Offshore outsourcing
Sales of goods
Consumer protection and marketing
Arbitration and ADR
Media, entertainment and communication law
Equity and trust
Health and pharmaceutical law
Law and culture
Energy and gas law
The conference committee is seeking submissions of papers for oral presentations at the conference in three major categories:
- Academic, peer reviewed papers - these papers will be peer reviewed by members of the program committee and other independent reviewers (where necessary) and will be published in the edited conference proceedings with ISBN. All papers will also be published in several leading international journals. Case studies, abstracts of research in progress, as well as full research papers will be considered for the conference program for presentation purposes. However, only complete papers will be published in the proceedings. Previously published peer-reviewed papers will also be considered, provided the authors (s) are granted license from the publisher and publication information are noted in the article.
- Presentations based on a short abstract & non-academic papers - these papers will not be peer reviewed. These papers will be selected on merit by the program committee. This category covers corporate papers, best practices, new technologies, policy issues etc.
All accepted papers will also be published in leading international journals.
Authors must provide about 150 words abstract. For complete papers, authors must provide about 150 word abstract and five keywords. There is a word limit of maximum page limit of 15 pages using a paper size of 16 x 23 or approximately 6500 words including references). All photos, tables and figures must be in jpg format.
For full papers submitted for peer review, identifying information should be removed. Please send in a separate Word attachment the following information: Title, Affiliation and Author's Name. When preparing your final version of the manuscript, please ensure that you use the conference template.
- Submission Deadline for Full Research Papers: August 15, 2011
- Submission Deadline for Abstract Presentations: September 5 , 2011
- Notification of Acceptance: August 22 , 2011, For papers submitted before the deadline, authors will be notified 7 days after submission.
- Final Camera-Ready (Proceedings) Version and Registration Payment: September 1, 2011
Send comments and questions to H-Net
Webstaff. H-Net reproduces announcements that have been submitted to us as a
free service to the academic community. If you are interested in an announcement
listed here, please contact the organizers or patrons directly. Though we strive
to provide accurate information, H-Net cannot accept responsibility for the text of
announcements appearing in this service. (Administration)