Call for Papers: Louisiana Historical Association Annual Meeting 2012
The Louisiana Historical Association invites proposals for its 54th Annual Meeting to be held in New Orleans, March 1 – 4, 2012. The meeting will be headquartered at the Royal Sonesta Hotel in the French Quarter and will be part of the larger commemoration of the Bicentennial of Louisiana Statehood.
The year 2012 is the bicentennial of two significant events: Louisiana statehood and the opening of the Mississippi River to steam navigation. While we invite sessions on any aspect of Louisiana History, panels that explore the short- and long-term impact of these two milestones are especially welcome.
The program committee is open to submissions that take a novel approach to session design as well as traditional scholarly panels. We also encourage the participation of graduate students and public historians. We prefer to receive proposals for complete sessions but will consider individual paper proposals as well. Proposals should be submitted in a single Microsoft Word document and include:
• A cover sheet with the session title as well as the names, affiliations and email address of all participants including the chair and commentator
• A summary of the focus and intent of the session as a whole not to exceed 250 words
• An abstract for each paper or presentation not to exceed 250 words
• A vita for each participant not to exceed 500 words
• All materials should be emailed to the program committee at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the name, affiliation and email address of the proposal organizer in the body of your message. Queries may be sent to the program chair, Prof. Alecia P. Long, at email@example.com.
Send comments and questions to H-Net
Webstaff. H-Net reproduces announcements that have been submitted to us as a
free service to the academic community. If you are interested in an announcement
listed here, please contact the organizers or patrons directly. Though we strive
to provide accurate information, H-Net cannot accept responsibility for the text of
announcements appearing in this service. (Administration)