The world’s socio-economic system is driven by energy. Few of the advances made in the past two centuries would have been possible without the large-scale exploitation of fossil fuels. The effort that will be required to shift from a fossil fuel-based economy to one hinged on sustainability is substantial, requiring advances in the basic sciences (materials, electrochemistry and heat transfer to name a few) through to systems engineering (mechanical, electrical, chemical, buildings, communication and information) and all the way to international policy makers.
The evolution of new energy technologies and systems cannot follow the compartmentalized model that has worked so well in the past, because of the time constraints imposed by oil depletion and climate change. All parts of the new energy economy are strongly interlinked, and researchers in the field must be aware of the entire enterprise to maximize their own contribution. This conference offers an opportunity for scientists, professionals, policymakers and other parties to review recent developments in this rapidly changing environment.
ICE-SEAM 2011 will cover topics related to sustainability in energy production, storage and distribution, advance materials, product design and development, advance mechanics, electrics, chemicals and basic sciences. The meeting is expected to be as successful as the first conference held in the Sebelas Maret University (UNS), Solo, Indonesia (2009) and the second is also in the same place on October 3-4th, 2011. This activity will also be accompanied by other sub-activities such as workshop, exhibition, and poster session.
Our financial projection for the first conference is a net loss after taxes of Rp 100,000,000. This ICE-SEAM will be projected at a gross-budget after taxes of Rp 324,650,000. The financial will be supported by all network, industry, government, and international participants.
The management team members have strong background in both theoretic and practice energy development and supporting advanced materials. The chairman was expert in renewable energy and alternative fuel. The advisory members come from several reputable universities and institution with internationally recognized in their expertise
Speakers and exhibitors at ICE-SEAM represent the scientific community, energy industry, finance and policy fields associated with the implementation of energy saving strategies and renewable energies which is supported by advanced material technology. The topics within this ICE SEAM 2011 are the following but not limited:
- Fossil energy and Nuclear energy;
- Bio-energy, Biogas, Biomass, Geothermal power, Renewable and other non-fossil energies
- Wind Energy, Marine power, and Hydropower, Solar heating or cooling;
- Photovoltaic, Fuel cell;
- Electrification, Electric power systems, and Controls including Mechatronics and robotics for efficient and clean technologies;
- Energy management, storage, conservation, production, and efficiency;
- Industrial energy efficiency, energy-efficient building, and energy efficient traffic systems;
- Energy distribution, energy modeling, Hybrid and Integrated energy system;
- Advanced materials including: Liquid crystals, semiconductors, superconductors, optics, lasers, sensors, mesoporous materials, shape memory alloys, light-emitting materials, magnetic materials, thin films, colloid, Composite material, nano material, and smart ferrous material;
- Design, analysis, development, production, and Testing for advanced materials;
- Socio-economic analysis and impact, Future markets and financing and Regional issues on sustainable energy and advanced materials;
- Energy Policy, Planning, Management, and Law;
- Waste analysis, assessment, and management on energy and material;
- Water, air, and land pollution treatment related to energy and material;
Mechanical Engineering Dept
Faculty of Engineering, Universitas Sebelas Maret
Jl. Ir. Sutami 36-A, Surakarta, Central Java, Indonesia Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Visit the website at http://www.iceseam.com
Send comments and questions to H-Net
Webstaff. H-Net reproduces announcements that have been submitted to us as a
free service to the academic community. If you are interested in an announcement
listed here, please contact the organizers or patrons directly. Though we strive
to provide accurate information, H-Net cannot accept responsibility for the text of
announcements appearing in this service. (Administration)