The Writing studies and Calligraphy Center, affiliated to Bibliotheca Alexandrina is intending to organize the Fourth International Symposium of Printing and Publishing in the Language and Countries of the Middle East from 27 to 29 September 2011. I am honored to invite you to participate the symposium.
• Historical Themes
1. Special session on the history of printing in Armenia, on the occasion of the selection of Yerevan as World Capital of Book for 2012.
2. History of printing in Middle East languages in Middle East and East Asia.
3. History of printing in Middle East languages in Europe.
4. History of printing in Middle East languages in Africa.
5. History of printing in Middle East languages in South and North America.
6. The role of printing in cultural continuity
7. History of printing techniques and forms
8. Heritage printing museums
9. Publications of minorities and foreign communities.
• Technical Themes
1. Digital printing fonts (heritage fonts/modern fonts)
2. Multi-printing (techniques of modern printing in the Middle East languages)
3. Virtual printing museums.
• Deadline to receive abstract is 15 June 2011.
• There are no fees of participation.
Send comments and questions to H-Net
Webstaff. H-Net reproduces announcements that have been submitted to us as a
free service to the academic community. If you are interested in an announcement
listed here, please contact the organizers or patrons directly. Though we strive
to provide accurate information, H-Net cannot accept responsibility for the text of
announcements appearing in this service. (Administration)