The Ninth Annual International Digital Media and Arts Association Conference, October 13-15, 2011 (Savannah College of Art & Design, Savannah, Georgia)
Design. Innovation. Story: an Odyssey of Confluence
Leading academics, designers, professionals and artists will gather at Savannah College of Art and Design for the International Digital Media and Art Association's ninth annual conference, to explore how digital media and art is a confluence of creative innovations. The conference will include pre-conference workshops, keynote and plenary presentations, panel discussions, a juried art exhibition highlighting creative research in interactive media and digital arts, topical discussions focused both on current trends in the industry and also on evolving pedagogy in academia, and social and networking events.
Call for Papers and Projects:
For this conference, we're seeking abstracts (500 words maximum) for presentation and/or discussion about ideas pushing the edge of digital media and art, particularly as they relate to the merging of design, innovation, and narrative. Creative research that demonstrates the confluence of different disciplines, media, cultures, and technology is particularly encouraged. The conference will contain several tracks of programming that expand on the conference theme in the following areas:
• Convergence-Trans/Inter/Meta/media (mobile, outdoor media, virtual worlds)
• High/Low tech, DIY/DIT
• Social Dynamic Range: Infra-Personal / Local / Ultra-Global
• Business/Academia confluence
• Learning (pedagogy, methods, topics)
• Entertainment (video, animation, games)
• Innovation/Creativity (art, design, music)
• Business (jobs, industries)
All abstracts will be refereed for acceptance and should report on the results of creative or research projects that explore innovative areas of new media (design, art, tools, education, etc.) and follow the formatting conventions found in the latest edition of the Chicago Manual of Style (documentary note).
1 Submit your abstract (maximum 500 words) online (http://www.idmaa.org/idmaa2011/abstracts/) as a word document by August 5, 2011. All authors participating in the conference will have their abstract posted as is on the conference website. Abstracts must be formatted according to the latest edition of The Chicago Manual of Style.
2. Authors will be notified via email of their submission’s status by approximately August 12.
3. Authors should confirm attendance by August 26.
4. To be reviewed for possible publication in The Journal of the International Digital Media and Arts Association selected conference proceedings, accepted papers of no more than 3500 words must be submitted in their final form (as a word document using your last name in the file name) by November 4. Details forthcoming at http://www.idmaa.org/idmaa2011/.
All conference sessions will take place at the Savannah College of Art and Design in historic downtown Savannah, Georgia. The conference hotel is the Four Points by Sheraton. The Savannah Airport (SAV) is served by most major airlines and shuttle or taxi service is available.
Send comments and questions to H-Net
Webstaff. H-Net reproduces announcements that have been submitted to us as a
free service to the academic community. If you are interested in an announcement
listed here, please contact the organizers or patrons directly. Though we strive
to provide accurate information, H-Net cannot accept responsibility for the text of
announcements appearing in this service. (Administration)