[Update] CFP: Contemporary Tremds in Poetry in English
Call for Papers Date:
Call for Papers for Volume 3, Number 2
Rupkatha Journal on Interdisciplinary Studies in Humanities
ISSN 0975-2935 * www.rupkatha.com
Contemporary Trends in Poetry in English/translations
In the 21st century a perception or rather an apprehension sometimes surfaces that poetry will have a slow death in the techno-consumerist world. But contrary to apprehension poetry has survived and is thriving everywhere—in all forms of print and electronic media. In our next issue of the Rupkatha Journal on Interdisciplinary Studies in Humanities, we would like to explore various aspects of contemporary poetry in English/translations from different parts of the world.
Submissions may be made on the following topics/areas. At the same time we welcome suggestions for inclusion of any topic on the theme:
1. Theorising Poetry in the late 20th and 21st centuries
2. English and Poetry in English/translations: analyzing the culture/s
3. Poetry in our postdigital condition
4. New forms of poetry and new tools for communication: electronic poetry and the digital tools
5. Discussion of major trends in a particular region
6. Discussion of major poet/s of a particular region
• We would like to feature art-works exploring/displaying interdisciplinary themes/perspective on science and art.
• Reviews of Books on Interdisciplinary connections between science and art (book not older than two years to be reviewed0
• Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Please visit http://rupkatha.com/submissionguidelines.php for submission guidelines.
DEADLINE OF SUBMISSION: April 30, 2011.
Send comments and questions to H-Net
Webstaff. H-Net reproduces announcements that have been submitted to us as a
free service to the academic community. If you are interested in an announcement
listed here, please contact the organizers or patrons directly. Though we strive
to provide accurate information, H-Net cannot accept responsibility for the text of
announcements appearing in this service. (Administration)