OVERDYKE AWARDS IN NORTH LOUISIANA HISTORY By the North Louisiana Historical Association
TO BE PRESENTED AT THE ANNUAL SPRING LUNCHEON
Saturday, April 30, 2011
First Baptist Church Meeting Hall
These awards are made in memory of Dr. W. Darrell Overdyke, Centenary College, through the generosity of the late Mrs. Overdyke and her brother, Mr. E. Laurence Walker, of Shreveport, Louisiana.
A. $100.00 first prize for best article submitted by an undergraduate student on some aspect of North Louisiana history. Second place prize is $75.00.
B. $100.00 first prize for best article submitted by a graduate student on some aspect of North Louisiana history. Second place prize is $75.00.
C. A one-year complimentary subscription to the North Louisiana History, the Journal of the North Louisiana Historical Association will be awarded to each placing entry. The prize-winning articles must be published exclusively in North Louisiana History.
1. Entrant must have been a student in the past school year and be so certified by a memo from a faculty member. The studentís educational level (undergraduate, graduate) and home mailing address should be indicated in the memo.
2. Length of article should not exceed 25 double-spaced pages.
3. DEADLINE for submission: April 5, 2011
4. Manuscripts should be typed and should contain footnotes or endnotes. (Manuscripts will not be returned.) A digital copy (cd or flash drive) should be included with the manuscript.
5. All entries should be mailed to:
Emilia Gay Means
North Louisiana Historical Association
P. O. Box 6701
Shreveport, La 71136-6701
Emilia Gay Griffith Means, EditorNorth Louisiana Historical Association Journal
318-222-4066 Email: email@example.com
Send comments and questions to H-Net
Webstaff. H-Net reproduces announcements that have been submitted to us as a
free service to the academic community. If you are interested in an announcement
listed here, please contact the organizers or patrons directly. Though we strive
to provide accurate information, H-Net cannot accept responsibility for the text of
announcements appearing in this service. (Administration)