Euro-Balkan Institute’s Department of Gender Studies within the framework of Regional Network for Gender and Women’s Studies in Southeastern Europe is announcing the 3rd summer school in the series of three colloquia on thematic and methodological-epistemic issues: ”Dialectical Interdependencies of Theory and Practice in Feminism: Exploring the Issues of Gender, Transition and the Balkans“, to be held 19-30 of June, 2010 in Ohrid, Macedonia. The Colloquia will offer master classes held by prominent scholars from the Balkan region, provocative discussions and workshops with the focus on gender issues of possible epistemic approaches in creating regional perspectives.
Working language of the colloquium will be English.
Professors: Prof. Dr. Katerina Kolozova, Institute for Humanities and Social Sciences Research - Skopje; Prof. Dr. Marina Grzinic, Institute of Philosophy at the Scientific and Research Centre of the Slovenian Academy of Science and Art; Prof. Dr. Jasmina Husanovic, University of Tuzla, Sarajevo; Prof. Dr. Nina Power, Roehampton University, London, and other prominent scholars from the Region.
Colloquium Director: Dr. Katerina Kolozova, , Director of Department for Gender Studies and of Department of Postgraduate Study Programs
Academic coordinator of the OSU Programme: Slavco Dimitrov, Ph.D candidate in Gender Studies and Philosophy
- Participant must be junior gender/women‟s studies scholar (the approximate age limit 36 years of age; exceptions can be made regarding age limit in cases when strictly deciding according to biological age may be at the expense of the quality of the scholar who nonetheless holds a junior status in the academic hierarchy).
- Participants are expected to be affiliated in any way to one of the institutions members of the Network or can be an individual member of the Network (http://www.gendersee.org.mk/conference/index.asp?id=227).
- Affiliates of the cooperating institutions from Switzerland are also eligible.
- Participant must submit an abstract for a presentation in one of the summer school‟s workshops or for one of the final presentations sessions (see detailed information below).
- Participants from other countries are also eligible to participate, but ineligible for the financial support provided by the organizers; for these applicants, the fee for participation will be 80 euro
Number of participants: 20
Process of selection: Selection Committee of five senior scholars, members of the Network and participants in the two Constitutive Meetings of establishing the Network will be set up; this Committee will evaluate the presentation proposals (the submitted abstracts) and based on the above mentioned criteria of eligibility and on the quality of the applications will choose the participants of this event.
Interested applicants should send short CV, abstract for presentation and the available application form.
Deadline for submitting an application: February 28th 2011
Deadline for announcing the results of the selection process: March 10th 2011
Important note: Travel and accommodation costs for the Southeastern European and Swiss nationals will be covered by the organizer.
No discrimination based on gender, sex, class, social or national origin, religious belief, political opinion, sexual orientation, disability, health status or any other ground will not be tolerated in the course of the Summer School.
Institute for Social Sciences and Humanities Research "Euro-Balkan"
Adress: Blvd. Partizanski Odredi 63
1000 Skopje, Republic of Macedonia
Send comments and questions to H-Net
Webstaff. H-Net reproduces announcements that have been submitted to us as a
free service to the academic community. If you are interested in an announcement
listed here, please contact the organizers or patrons directly. Though we strive
to provide accurate information, H-Net cannot accept responsibility for the text of
announcements appearing in this service. (Administration)