CALL FOR PAPERS: SOCIETY, CYBER MEDIA AND SOCIAL TRANSFORMATION IN THE ARAB GULF
Zayed University Press invites scholars to submit papers for an interdisciplinary edited book that deals with the impact of cyber media on socio-cultural transformations, and the impact of social factors on the use of cyber media in the Gulf. Possible topics include, but are not limited to the following:
- Production and consumption of the images and content provided by cyber media, cyber-forums, and other forms of cyber communication.
- Changes in patterns of social networking and business interactions between people, communities, and institutions.
- Cyber media and social issues.
- Cyber media and education.
- Heritage and e-Folklore.
- Local people’s attitudes toward cyber media.
- Challenges related to the ‘virtual’ world of the Internet.
Please submit your paper (7,000 to 10,000 words) electronically in MS Word format, font size 12 to firstname.lastname@example.org by July1, 2011.
el-Sayed el-Aswad, editor
United Arab Emirates University
Send comments and questions to H-Net
Webstaff. H-Net reproduces announcements that have been submitted to us as a
free service to the academic community. If you are interested in an announcement
listed here, please contact the organizers or patrons directly. Though we strive
to provide accurate information, H-Net cannot accept responsibility for the text of
announcements appearing in this service. (Administration)